Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Afraid of Home?

It's been way too long since I've posted here in my blog, but so much has happened in the last few weeks.

Medically, we're still waiting on the results of my blood work. The waiting is not fun. But if I'm busy, I don't think about it. Can't perseverate on your health if you're looking into the faces of 18 fifth-graders or nine adorable kindergartners, and running from one classroom to the next for the whole day x 6!

So, the drive home from New Hampshire to Maine was excruciating. As I got closer to home, I could feel my anxiety level rising. I felt like I was driving slower and slower as I progressed. And I had several errands to do. It was tempting to just keep on driving. Nova Scotia, anyone?

Coming home means that I can't hide in/at work like I've been able to do in the last couple of weeks. Granted, I do have lots of work to do over the next couple of days, but there's just something about not being able to hide in your own home. And, of course, every time the phone rings, I wonder if it's the call with my results.

Can you be afraid of your own house?

2 comments:

Musical mama said...

We are thinking of you and know that no matter what happens you will be strong enough to handle it. Your friends and family are here for you!

mypepsee said...

Dearest Kath...I'm with you always.Things will be alright and you have *MANY* who are batting for you in your corner. I love you.